-Reading at Vic Books, Kelburn, Wellington, NZ. "Beauty in Broken Things." Prose by PhD students from the International Institute of Modern Letters. 17 August 2017, 5:30 pm. With Lena Tichy, Claire Baylis, Helen Innes, and Mikaela Nyman.
- Reading at LitCrawl, Wellington, NZ. November 2017. Details TBD.
Recent & Past
- Story Cave writing workshop mentor & facilitator, Wellington, NZ. 5 Sept-7 Sept, 2016. Pop-up workshop for local children aged 8-10, held at the Kahurangi School in Strathmore. Inspired by 826 (US), the Ministry of Stories (UK), and the Sydney Story Factory (AUS). Organized in Wellington by many caring and creative people including Catherine Robertson and Claire Mabey. Supported by Creative New Zealand.
- New Fairy Tales from the North reading and panel at AWP (Association of Writers and Writing Programs) conference in Seattle, WA. Thursday, February 27th, 2014. With Maya Sonenberg, Anca Szilagyi and Rikki Ducornet. Description of panel: “It is a northern country; they have cold weather, they have cold hearts.” - Angela Carter, “The Werewolf.” What does it mean to write fairy tales now, in the 21st century? What does it mean to write them here, in the Pacific Northwest? Four northwest writers will read their contemporary tales, influenced by the old tales and by the landscape of their home."
- Reading, Castalia Reading Series, Hugo House, Seattle, WA. Tuesday, March 6th, 2012, with fellow writers Cecilia Kiely, Sarah Erickson, Zachary Watterson, Kevin J. Craft, and Richard Kenney. [I also organized this reading series with a team of other writers in the MFA program at the University of Washington, Seattle, in 2012.]
- Reading, Castalia Reading Series, Hugo House, Seattle, WA. Tuesday January 4th, 2011, with fellow writers Maya Sonenberg, Sierra Nelson, Ben Wirth, and Peter Moench.